Assuring Your Physical Condition to Undergo Surgery
Kingman Regional Medical Center (KRMC) offers a preoperative clinic to help you prepare for upcoming surgical procedures and to assure your safety and wellbeing both during and after the procedure.
Our goal is to optimize your health, minimize over-testing, and decrease day-of-surgery cancellations. Our expert staff takes the time to educate you on your upcoming procedure and address your questions and concerns.
Assuring a Safe Surgery
The KRMC preoperative clinic performs a thorough physical exam and other testing to assure that you can safely undergo anesthesia and the scheduled surgical procedure. These tests may include:
- A review of your allergies and other potential intolerances to medical procedures
- Blood tests
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) to assess your heart’s ability to withstand anesthesia and surgery
- Chest x-ray to assess the condition of your lungs
- Other diagnostic and laboratory testing as ordered by your doctor for your individual health conditions and the type of surgery you will undergo.
Providing the Information You Need
During your appointment at the KRMC preoperative clinic, our expert staff will take time to educate you about your upcoming surgery and address your questions and concerns. Specifically, we provide information and education about:
- Your anesthesia choices
- How to prepare at home prior to the surgery
- What to expect during and after your surgery
- Your choices for postoperative pain relief.
We suggest that prior to visiting our clinic, you write down all your questions and concerns about your surgery. We will take the time to address every one.