Published on March 13, 2020
Kingman, Arizona, March 13, 2020 – Kingman Regional Medical Center (KRMC) announced today that it has implemented new visiting restrictions to help prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and protect the health and safety of patients, their families, staff, and our community.
Effective immediately, the new visitor restrictions affect both the KRMC Main Campus and KRMC Hualapai Mountain Campus.
The following measures will remain in effect until further notice:
* Visitation hours are from 8:00 am to 10:00 am and then from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
* Visitation is limited to immediate family members and or legal representatives only.
* All visitors will be screened for COVID-19 exposure before entering patient care areas. This screening includes asking questions about symptoms and travel history. Visitors who meet screening criteria for exposure will not be permitted.
* Hospital patients can have no more than two visitors at time; Emergency Department patients can have no more than one visitor at a time.
* Children under 12 years of age are not permitted to visit patients.
* Individuals who feel sick – especially those exhibiting cold and flu-like symptoms will not be permitted to visit.
* People cannot visit patients who are in isolation for any type of infection, including flu, wounds, etc. Contact with a patient in isolation requires wearing a mask, gown, and gloves. Due to a national shortage of these materials, we must conserve them for healthcare workers who care for these patients. Family members and friends can visit isolated patients via electronic communications. WI-FI is available in every room.
* All visitors must thoroughly clean their hands and remain in the patient’s room as much as possible to reduce contact with others in the facility.