Comprehensive Care for the Birth of Your Baby
The Kingman Regional Medical Center (KRMC) Obstetrics Department has specialized expertise, advanced equipment, and comfortable facilities for labor, delivery, post-partum care, and nursery care.
Our staff includes registered nurses and other healthcare professionals who assist you and your obstetrician throughout the birthing process. Our nurses are certified in basic and advanced cardiac life support and neonatal resuscitation.
Our facility features private patient rooms, a cesarean-section suite, pre-labor rooms, and a ten-bed newborn nursery. We also offer private birthing rooms where you can undergo labor, delivery and recovery without being moved from room to room and where your baby can remain with you at all times.
After the delivery of your baby, we provide education and support so that you have the confidence and knowledge to care for yourself and your infant by the time you go home. Fathers or significant others also receive support and guidance and are welcome participants in all aspects of the birthing process.
In addition to labor, delivery, and post-partum care, the KRMC Obstetrics Department provides:
- Breast-Feeding Support by a certified breastfeeding consultant who offers instruction on how to get started nursing your baby and ongoing assistance for succeeding at one of the most important things you can do for your baby’s health.
- Infant Care Education, which includes written materials, videos, and demonstration techniques on how to care for your baby.
- Infant hearing screening to provide for early identification and intervention of hearing loss.
- Level I nursery, which is equipped to care for some complications in babies who are born prematurely or who have minor health problems. For those who have serious medical problems, we have the capability to stabilize the baby and arrange for emergency transport to a Level II or Level III nursery.
- Pain control during labor, delivery, and post-partum, which includes non-pharmaceutical approaches, oral or intravenous anesthetics, and epidural anesthesia.
- Pre-delivery testing, which includes amniocentesis, ultrasound, pulse oximetry, and fetal monitoring.