Preparing for your hospital stay
What to bring for hospital admission
To ensure that your admission to the hospital goes smoothly, please bring the following:
- Preadmission Forms – If you are scheduled for a hospital stay or if you will be delivering a baby at KRMC, your doctor may provide you with preadmission forms. Please bring these forms with you when you come to the hospital for care.
- A list of your medications – any prescription or over-the-counter medications you are currently taking
- Medical insurance information – insurance cards, Medicare card, pre-certification, and any other documentation required by your insurer (a Managed Care Referral Authorization is required if you are covered by an HMO or POS plan). Also, make certain that if your insurance carrier requires pre-authorization for admittance to the hospital, you contact them ahead of time as outlined in your policy.
- Payment for insurance co-pay or deductibles – Bring a credit card, check, or cash to cover your insurance co-pay and/or deductibles. Please contact KRMC Financial Services if you have questions regarding payments upon admission to the hospital.
- Employer’s name, address, and phone number for both you and your spouse if you are covered by traditional insurance or managed care (HMO or PPO) provided by that employer.
- Social Security number
- Photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport
- List of telephone numbers of immediate family members or any individuals you may wish for the hospital to contact.
- Advance Directives (living will, power of attorney forms, etc.)
What to pack for your stay in the hospital
KRMC will provide much of what you’ll need for your stay, such as pajamas, slipper socks, and personal toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, etc.). But to ensure your stay is comfortable, you may wish to bring the following items:
- Glasses, dentures, hearing aid, or other assistive devices. If possible, please bring containers for these items and label personal items with your name.
- Books, magazines, photographs, or other like items from home that will make your stay more comfortable.
- Laptop computer or other mobile devices. Wireless internet access is available in all patient rooms.
What not to bring
Kingman Regional Medical Center cannot be responsible for lost or stolen items and we ask that you do not bring:
- Jewelry or other valuables
- Large sums or money or multiple credit cards
If you do have valuables at the hospital, please ask your nurse to deposit your items in our hospital safe during your stay. You will receive a written receipt for all items. To claim your valuables, present the receipt to your nurse when you are discharged.
The hospital does not accept responsibility for items of value unless they are deposited in the safe. If you lose something, please notify your nurse right away, and we will make every effort to help you find it.
To inquire about lost articles, please call the KRMC Patient Representative at 928-692-4674.
Patient & Visitors Quick Links
Deaf & Hard of Hearing Services
Fast Facts about Your Stay
• Patient Financial Assistance Policy | en Español
• Financial Assistance Form | en Español
Language Interpretation Services
Location & Maps
Online Bill Pay
Patient Financial Services
• Insurance Notification
• Patient Pricing Information
• Understanding Your Bill
• Notice of Privacy Practices
Preparing for a Hospital Stay
Rights & Responsibilities
Using our Emergency Room
• Sick or Hurt?
• What to Bring to KRMC's Emergency Room
• When to Call 911
Your Hospital Stay
• Patient Meals
• Reward Your Nurse
• Who's Taking Care of You
• Uniform Colors
• Your Room at KRMC