Kingman Regional Medical Center (KRMC) announced today that it has experienced some flooding on the main floor of the hospital located at 3269 Stockton Hill Road. This is a result of a high-pressure water line break late Monday evening, March 12.
Patient care services remain operational. However, areas of the east section of the first floor experienced damage, which has affected some services as follows:
- Admitting, Discharge, and Insurance Consulting. These services have been temporarily moved to the Emergency Department, where they remain fully operational.
- Medical Records. Flooding occurred in the medical records office; however, no patient records were lost or damaged. Currently, staff will be temporarily located at KRMC’s Medical Professional Building. If you need a medical record, please call the medical records office at 928-263-3928 to make arrangements.
- Billing Office. The billing office at the main campus will be temporarily closed. However, the billing office at the Stockton Hill Medical Plaza at 2202 Stockton Hill Rd. is open for all KRMC billing and financial services.
- Imaging Services. MRI is temporarily down with the expectation that it will be operational later this afternoon.
- Coffee Kiosk and Gift Shop. These services near the main hospital entrance were moderately affected and are temporarily closed for cleanup.
KRMC is diligently working to conduct cleanup operations. We apologize for any inconvenience to our patients and visitors.