Use KRMC's Patient Portal to Schedule Your Covid-19 Vaccine
Vaccines for COVID-19
KRMC COVID Services offers vaccines for COVID-19 free of charge. Patients are required to wear a mask and bring a driver's license or government-issued identification to their vaccination.
Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine is authorized by the FDA for use people age 18 and over. This primary vaccine series involves two shots. The second shot should be given no less than 28 days after the first.
The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine is authorized by the FDA for use individuals age 5 and up (patients under 18 must have proof of identity and be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian). This primary vaccine series involves two shots. The second shot should be given no less than 21 says after the first.
Additional dose for immunocompromised
Currently, CDC is recommending that moderately to severely immunocompromised people receive an additional dose. This includes people who have:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
Additional primary doses are available to immunocompromised individuals as young as age five. For those who qualify, this dose would be given no less than 28 days after completion of the initial vaccine series. Talk to your healthcare provider about your medical condition and whether getting an additional dose is appropriate for you.
For individuals who received Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, adults 18 and over are eligible for a booster shot at five months or more after their initial series.
For individuals who received a Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine series, individuals 12 and over are eligible for a booster shot at five months or more after their initial series.
Adults who received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine two or more months ago are also eligible for a booster shot.
Visit Mayo Clinic's Covid-19 Vaccine FAQ page for more information about the vaccine.