Do you have an outstanding nurse?
If a nurse has given you or a family member exemplary care and service, you may nominate him or her for a DAISY award.
DAISY is an acronym for Diseases Attacking the Immune System. The award was established by the DAISY Foundation in memory of J. Patrick Barnes who died at 33 of an auto-immune disease. The Barnes Family was awestruck by the clinical skills, caring and compassion of the nurses who cared for Patrick, so they created this national award to say thank you to nurses everywhere.
Anyone can nominate a nurse for the DAISY Award. The national DAISY Award committee selects one nurse per month who exemplifies the following characteristics:
- Establishes a special connection with a patient/family
- Has significantly made a difference in the life of a patient
- Shows empathy in all situations
- Is an outstanding role model for the nursing profession
- Generates enthusiasm and energy towards meeting the challenges of nursing
- Consistently exhibits excellent interpersonal skills
- Exemplifies the essence of professional nursing in all activities
Each month’s winner receives a healers touch sculpture, bouquet of daisies, and an award certificate. In addition, freshly baked cinnamon rolls for everyone on the day the award is presented.
Patient & Visitors
Fast Facts about Your Stay
• Patient Financial Assistance Policy | en Español
• Financial Assistance Form | en Español
Language Interpretation Services
Location & Maps
Online Bill Pay
Patient Financial Services
• Insurance Notification
• Patient Pricing Information
• Understanding Your Bill
• Notice of Privacy Practices
Preparing for a Hospital Stay
Rights & Responsibilities
Using our Emergency Room
• Sick or Hurt?
• What to Bring to KRMC's Emergency Room
• When to Call 911
Your Hospital Stay
• Patient Meals
• Reward Your Nurse
• Who's Taking Care of You
• Uniform Colors
• Your Room at KRMC